This week I visited the Bethesda Chevy Chase Club and discussed the District’s strategic goal of having clubs contribute $200 per member to the The Rotary Foundation Annual Programs Fund. While raising money for the Foundation is dear to my heart, Foundation Month is coming in November and there are several ways to increase your club’s Foundation awareness that don’t require asking for a contribution. Here are five techniques you can use to kick off a great year of Foundation giving next month:
1. Show the video “This is Rotary” to your club. It’s 4 minutes long and is guaranteed to get everyone excited about Rotary. You can link to it at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vVyG0TJBWM
2. Have a Foundation minute at the beginning of each meeting next month where someone does a one minute report on TRF activities.
3. Have a Foundation Advocate visit your club and do a club program about the Foundation.
4. Consider making di minimis distributions from your annual fundraiser to subsidize your Foundation giving. The community won’t object to 10% of the proceeds going to “do good in the world.”
5. Use Paul Harris recognition points during the month as an incentive to give. Consider a 100 point match for a $200 APF SHARE contribution. Let members know the matching points are only good during Foundation month.
So there you go….five ideas to kick off Foundation month and they didn’t cost you a dime!